Company incorporation in Lithuania
The most common form of a business presence in Lithuania is a limited liability company [UAB].
The minimum share capital required to establish a limited liability company is EUR 2500 which shall be paid prior to company registration with the Commercial register when the company bank account is opened. Limited Liability Company [UAB] may be founded by natural persons as well as legal persons (companies).
Company formation cost including bank account and VAT registration
State fee for registering UAB (private limited liability company) is 57, 4 EUR. State fee does not include notary fees that may vary from 102 EUR to 232 EUR. There is no state fee for registering as VAT payers in Lithuania. In order to open company's bank account the cost slightly varies on the particular bank. In case if company is incorporated by legal person (company) there might be additional costs for translation services (approx 20-25 EUR/page).
The registration takes 3 business days from the submission of documents at local authorities and the all-included state fee range is from 290 EUR to 580 EUR.
Please do note that it is necessary to indicate the legal address of the company. Therefore the registration at particular premises in Lithuania is necessary as the initial step. For your convenience we may offer to use our firm’s legal address in Vilnius.
Procedure of incorporation
The initial step is to conclude the act of establishment of the company. Temporary bank account is opened and an initial contribution for the subscribed shares is paid. The amount of the initial contributions must be at least 2500 EUR.
The articles of association of the company are drawn up and approved by the notary and the necessary management bodies in the company are appointed;
The company is deemed to have been established upon registration thereof with the Register of Legal Entities.
All the documents must be submitted to Center of Registers in Lithuanian language. According to local laws, the translation of documents can be made only by a certified translator. Approximate cost for one page translation is 20-25 EUR/page; Approximate cost for the translation of Company setup documents is 290EUR.
Required Documents and Information
The list of the main documents and information for company incorporation in Lithuania are:
- Data on the company director and the board members (forenames, surnames, identification numbers, dates of birth, residence addresses and passports copies); Data on the establisher of the company (in the case of the establisher being the legal person (company) - extract from Center of Registers on the company;
- Legal address of the company in Lithuania;
- Information on the Bank preferences;
- Act of Establishment;
- Articles of Association;
- Establishers Decision;
- Certificate from the bank which proves that the initial share capital of EUR 2500 have been paid.
Also please be aware that the availability of the name of the legal entity must be checked prior to registration.
Taxation in Lithuania
Representative Offices in Lithuania
Representative offices or any other organizations registered in Lithuania are governed by the law of the Republic of Lithuania.
Representative office of a legal person is a unit of a legal person, which has its registered office, enjoy the right to perform all operations specified below. Representative office of a legal person shall have the right to represent the interests of the legal person and to safeguard them, to enter into contracts as well as perform other operations in the legal person's name, to conduct import and export operations exclusively between foreign legal persons and other organisations, which have established the branch office or related enterprises, institutions or organisations and the branch office. Representative office of a legal person is not a legal person.
Upon registration of a representative office a foreign legal person or other organisation must notify the Register of legal persons about the alterations of legal person's documents and data filed with the Register as well as about the legal status of a legal person. Before the application for registration of the representative office of foreign legal entities is submitted to the Administrator of the Register, the civil law notary must verify the correctness of the particulars entered into the application, the compliance of the statutes with the statutory requirements and the fact that the representative office of foreign legal entities is eligible for registration.
- Information on the Representative (passport copy, residence address);
- An establishment document of the founder, the instrument of incorporation and the statutes, if these are different documents and amendments thereto;
- Legal Address of the Representative Office in Lithuania;
- Copy of the certificate of registration of the founder or an extract from the register where the founder's file is stored (Legalized or with Apostle);
- State fee payment of 58 EUR. The registration is normally completed within 3 business days from submission of documents to the local Center of Registers.